Minnesota & Nebraska Auto Accident Injury Attorney
When you have been involved in a car accident, the entire ordeal can be quite confusing for the fact that it can happen so suddenly. If you’re injured, then the confusion and the chaos becomes even worse and it can be difficult to figure out what to do after the accident happens. Of course, you want to do such things as exchange insurance information, but that is not always possible. When possible, it is good to take in as much as possible about what happened, who was around, and who was at fault.
As soon as you are able after the accident, it is important to call your car accident lawyer so you can discuss your case and build a claim against the negligent party for the recovery of compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and much more.
At Hunegs, LeNeave & Kvas, we put a 75-year history of success to work for you. We have represented injured clients by securing a reputation as a nationally recognized firm that knows how to get results.
What To Do After A Car Accident
It is important to know what you should and should not do after a car accident, which can contribute to the building of your case:
- Minnesota is a no-fault state, but that does not mean that who is at fault is not an important detail if you have been injured in a car accident. Do not talk to the insurance company or the legal driver about the accident without talking to your attorney.
- The insurance company of the other driver may try to discredit the witnesses who could strengthen your case. It is important for your attorney to first speak to the witnesses to prepare them for the tactics the insurance company may use.
- Your own insurance policy gives you rights to see your own doctor. It is important that the selected doctor is one who is highly knowledgeable about the injury type.
- While insurance has coverage amounts, the minimum amounts in Minnesota were established in the 1970s and are not enough to cover the losses of today. This means the insurance will not be enough to cover the damages done to you. It is good to increase your coverage so that you can better protect yourself and your family in case future accidents occur.
- You can turn to your own uninsured or underinsured insurance coverage when in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
These are just some of the things that can help you if you are involved in an accident. It is always ideal to speak to your car accident attorney after an accident so you can receive the advice that you need.
Contact A Car Accident Attorney
It is very important to know what to do after a car accident in order to ensure that any actions that occur after move as smoothly as possible. For instance, you want to obtain information from the other driver if you can. You also want to ensure you take the medical treatment offered to you because that information could be useful later. To learn more about your rights and options, call Hunegs, LeNeave & Kvas at the Wayzata, MN office or the Omaha, Nebraska office at 612-339-4511 or 1-800-328-4340 for a free consultation.